* “The Box” WHISPERS December, 1976. Reprinted in WHISPERS II, edited by Stuart Schiff. New York: Doubleday & Co. Inc, 1979. Reprinted in MAD SCIENTISTS, edited by Stuart Schiff New York: Doubleday & Co., 1980
* “The Lady in Darkness” GOTHIC June, 1980
* “Relatively Speaking” (with Darrell Schweitzer) ISAAC ASIMOV’S SCIENCE FICTION MAGAZINE. April, 1980. Reprinted in ISAAC ASIMOV’S NEAR FUTURES AND FAR edited by George H. Scithers New York: Dial Press, 1981. Reprinted in SCIENCE FICTION FOR THE THRONE: ONE SITTING READS edited by Tom Easton and Judith K. Dial New York: Fantastic Books, 2017.
*“Timothy” INHUMAN No. 6, Spring 2015.
The Haunted Man: The Strange Genius of David Lindsay by Colin Wilson SCIENCE FICTION REVIEW May, 1981.
* “Chambers and ‘The King in Yellow.’” STARWIND. Autumn, 1976.
Reprinted in THE ROMANTIST #3, 1979. Reprinted in DISCOVERING CLASSIC HORROR I, edited by Darrell Schweitzer Starmont House, 1992. Reprinted in TWENTIETH-CENTURY LITERARY CRITICISM V. 41 p. 102 Detroit: Gale Research, Inc., 1991.
* “Sun Symbolism in Flash Gordon Conquers the Universe” HUNTING OF THE SNARK #4, 1976
* “The First Literary Copernicus.” NYCTALOPS. January, 1980.
* “Robert W. Chambers” in SUPERNATURAL FICTION WRITERS V. II, edited by E.F. Bleiler. New York: Charles Scribner’s Sons. 1985.
* “The Yellow Wallpaper: a Supernatural Interpretation” STUDIES IN WEIRD FICTION #4. Fall, 1988. Reprinted in TWENTIETH CENTURY LITERARY CRITICISM V. 37 p. 211 Detroit: Gale Research, Inc. 1991
* “Edward Lucas White” STUDIES IN WEIRD FICTION #11 Spring, 1992.
* “Introduction” to THE COMPLETE WANDERING GHOSTS by F. Marion Crawford Wildside Press, 2002 Also appears in KHALED by F. Marion Crawford, Wildside Press, 2001.
* “In Search of Kirk Allen.” THE NEW YORK REVIEW OF SCIENCE FICTION. April, 2001.
* “In Search of ‘The Eye of Argon.’” THE NEW YORK REVIEW OF SCIENCE FICTION. November, 2004 & February, 2005. Reprinted as introduction to THE EYE OF ARGON. Wildside Press. (2006)
* “Meeting Piltdown” THE AURELIAN. #2, 2005
* “Encounter on Loch Ness” MORBID CURIOSITY #10, Spring 2006
* “He Who Smelt It” SHOCKED AND AMAZED #9, 2007
* “Outsider Writing” THE NEW YORK REVIEW OF SCIENCE FICTION July, 2011.
* Multiple entries ongoing from 2012 in THE ENCYCLOPEDIA OF SCIENCE FICTION 3rd edited by John Clute et al.
* “The Roots of the Psychic Detective in Fiction.” SHERLOCK HOLMES MYSTERY MAGAZINE Spring 2012
* “In Search of Sawney Beane,” THE NEW YORK REVIEW OF SCIENCE FICTION June 2013.
* “In Search of a Green Man,” THE NEW YORK REVIEW OF SCIENCE FICTION July 2015.
* “In Search of a Four-Eyed Man,” THE NEW YORK REVIEW OF SCIENCE FICTION January 2016.
* “In Search of the Vegetable Caterpillar,” THE NEW YORK REVIEW OF SCIENCE FICTION December 2016.
* 14 entries in HORROR LITERATURE THROUGH HISTORY, edited by Matt Cardin. Santa Barbara: Greenwood Press / ABC-CLIO. 2017.
* “Fiction, Heroin, and Kavan,” THE NEW YORK REVIEW OF SCIENCE FICTION January 2018.
SESTA AND OTHER STRANGE STORIES by Edward Lucas White. Seattle: Midnight House, 2001.
HEAVY PLANET AND OTHER SCIENCE FICTION STORIES by Milton A. Rothman (co-edited with Darrell Schweitzer) Wildside Press, 2004.
WINGS OVER TOMORROW by Philip Francis Nowlan, Wildside Press, 2005.
“Interview with Joseph Stefano” THE NEW VARIANT No. 2 Winter, 1983.